Enterprising Music Competition
YES companies registered for EMC (Enterprising Music Competition)
and the Rockshop Album of the Year
are to send their completed album and information detailing your Company Name, School and CEO:
Play It Strange
PO Box 137 194
The deadline is Monday 7th October
If you have any problems, please contact Mike Chunn on 09 377 7919 or email@example.com
The Enterprising Music Competition, EMC, is a joint programme for NZ Secondary Schools run by Play It Strange and the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme.
Through the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme, companies take to market original songs written by students from their school. The Enterprising Music Competition EMC provides an opportunity for students to learn about the commercial side of the music industry by operating as a music business and gives school songwriters an opportunity to have their music promoted by a YES company.
They also have a chance to win the premium award, the ROCKSHOP ALBUM OF THE YEAR.
HOW IT WORKS
Schools form business units who;
- Select 6 – 15 songs from their fellow students – maximum one song per songwriter
- Arrange for performers, vocalists, arrangers etc from the businesses’ school
- Record the songs
- Promote, market and sell the resulting album
There are Three Strands to the judging process;
- the creative worth of the songs is judged by a Play It Strange panel
- the quality of the recording, performances and album artwork etc is judged by a music industry panel
- the success of the business unit in marketing and selling the album is judged by the Young Enterprise Scheme judging panel.
*The winner of the joint marking of Part 1 and Part 2 - will receive the Rockshop Album of the Year Award.
*The winner of all three strands of judging will receive the ENTERPRISING MUSIC COMPETITION award.
This award will be presented at the YES Awards on 11th December.
2012 Winner of the Enterprising Music Competition was HPC Records, from Hauraki Plains College, Ngatea.
2012 Winners of the Rockshop Album Of The Year was:
First Place: Lost and Found Sounds, Enjoy Success, Mt Aspiring College, Wanaka
Runner-u: Evos, Deja Riginal; Papatoetoe High School, Auckland
Highly Commended Companies:
HPC Records, Hauraki Plains College, Ngatea
Royal Rhythms, Aorere College, Auckland
Nga Puawaitanga, Nga Kakano School, Auckland